Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Cannula a little longer



We had a little set back.  Ariana had an aspiration event this morning.  The medical team put a kibosh on the plans for discharge.  OHSU is working on getting the docs at Seattle Children’s lined up so when they do let her out, we get to drive her straight to another hospital.   We need to make sure she doesn’t need any further dilations and that her esophagus is patent.  Ari’s lungs are stronger but she does need to work on protecting her airway and that is her biggest issue.  For the time being, Ariana will remain in the hospital.

We have moved.  Our little arts and craft style bungalow in the Ballard neighborhood in Seattle is set up and ready for us to move into.  In addition to hopefully soon moving all in together, Matt’s birthday is on the 21st, Tuesday of next week and Ariana will be celebrating her first birthday on Sunday the 26th.  We hope to celebrate together as a family in our new home.   People have been asking for our new address and here it is: 

Matt, Nina, Ella and Ariana
6714 4th Ave NW
Seattle, WA 98117

2 comments:

Ang said...

Sorry to hear about the set back, but I am feeling hopeful about the future. I'll be praying as always for your family to all be together in one place, under one roof, very soon. So glad that things are starting to come together for you guys. The picture of the new house looks great. Take care.

Mooshie Michele said...

You are all so strong. SO strong.

I want to hug you all so badly!!! I just want to sit on the floor and play with Ella and make crazy faces with Ari. Soon. Soon. You know as soon as I can get to Seattle I'll be there.

I am so glad our lives intertwined many years ago, Nina. You have taught me so much and inspired me in a way not many people do. It is going to all work out. Whenever you doubt, look at the hope on your wrist and know I'll be looking at mine, too. :) XOXO Moosh