Ariana had a CAT scan today to assess the abscess (pocket of fluid from the leak) in her left chest. We should hear more from the docs tomorrow. My guess is they will wait for the esophagus to heal on its own first, which will create a stricture, and then go in and do a surgery to eliminate the stricture. Ari has been very comfortable today and spent most of the day sleeping. She did have a quiet awake period so we had a good conversation about Matt and Ella going to the soaking pool but being utterly disappointed because it was closed for cleaning. I also read to her the prayers. Ari is growing. She was born 21" and today she measured 25.5". She really likes to have her hand near her face. It's a comforting for her. Today she was insistent in getting her little fingers on the vent tube which made everyone nervous. She was also trying to put her hand in her mouth which is great!
Everybody is rooting for us. So many of you have expressed that you want to do something, anything to help and to take the pain away. I wish it worked that way because then I would be able to take on Ari's struggle for her. I would do anything for her. But I can't do that. I can't do that for her now and can't do that for her later in life. This is her life to live. But I can love her and so can you. You can, if you'd like to, send Ari a postcard. I will read them to her every day. I want to introduce more people to her so you can write a little about yourself, or a prayer, or anything you want her to know, or simply name a topic that's near and dear to your heart.
ARIANA STEADMAN
76 WILLISTION ROAD
BROOKLINE, MA 02445
2 comments:
What a wonderful idea Nina about sending Ari postcards etc.! Thanx for updating us and will look forward to a new blog tomorrow after you hear from the Doctors!
Some days it is super difficult to write up a post (too many emotions). There are also days when I stay late at the hospital comforting her and don't make it back to my room until super late. But I am really going to try to post every day.
Post a Comment