Ari was intubated on Sunday. On Tuesday, she decided she was done so she coughed up her breathing tube. We had a room full of doctors and nurses again. Not a "code alert" but she sure does know how to draw a crowd. They weren't ready to take her off the ventilator. This was strictly her decision. Instead of putting it back in, they decided to leave her on BIPAP which makes her breathing more labored because she has to work harder. She kept us on our toes, afraid she would have an episode any minute. I stayed with her round the clock for several days until she became stable on BIPAP. And now, she's doing great! I continue to hold her and snuggle with her everyday.
Ari is a demanding baby. They hand pick all her nurses a week in advance. All of her nurses know her well and are super fantastic with her. We're very thankful that.
I was also happy to hear that her current weight is 18 lbs. She's a hearty little girl.
No comments:
Post a Comment