It's been one week since Ari's been extubated (breathing tube taken out). I've been here since Sunday and have been occupied holding her every day, twice a day, now that it's easier to do so. She's still has all kinds of wires attached to her so it's not the easiest thing to do. It's quite a production but less so than before.
They've connected her a second time and there is no leak. She'll have an acid reflux test, another endoscopy, and a hearing test in the weeks to come. They've started weaning on her drugs. She may have one more surgery before we bring her back to Portland. In the meantime, I get to hold her and work with her. She's been a sleepy baby getting her rest, recovering and getting her strength.
My apologizes for my earlier Facebook post that caused lots of concern.
Nina
 |
| The EA team at CHB - Dr Jennings in blue scrubs |
 |
| Dr. Foker |
 |
| She loves holding her G tube |
 |
| Hello, there! |
 |
| "This is really what I look like" |
 |
| Snoozing in mommy's arms |
2 comments:
Hey Ariana, this is your Grandma Steadman. Grandma loves you and can't wait til she can hug you and hold you and kiss you all over! You do your best to get well darling! We all love you very much!
Please don't ever, ever apologize, Nina. You are one of the strongest women I know.
She looks like you.
Love you all.
Post a Comment